Valhalla
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valhalla

The Coven

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best Metal Band

Go down 
+5
IceFox
Mortiis
Rengarr
Zousha Omenohu
LadyAribeth
9 posters

Best Metal Band
Blind Guardian
Best Metal Band I_vote_lcap27%Best Metal Band I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Judas Priest
Best Metal Band I_vote_lcap9%Best Metal Band I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Iron Maiden
Best Metal Band I_vote_lcap27%Best Metal Band I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Slayer
Best Metal Band I_vote_lcap0%Best Metal Band I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sodom
 9% [ 1 ]
Kreator
Best Metal Band I_vote_lcap18%Best Metal Band I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Death
 9% [ 1 ]
Morbid Angel
 0% [ 0 ]
Samael
 0% [ 0 ]
Carcass
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
LadyAribeth
Admin
LadyAribeth

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Vote now and explain your choice Smile
Back to top Go down
https://coven.forumotion.com
Zousha Omenohu

Zousha Omenohu

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:34 pm

I enjoy Blind Guardian because they have very melodic vocals, as opposed to much of the screaming and growling in other metal bands. I also like the themes they sing about, being an avid fantasy nerd.

That being said there are a lot of metal bands I listen to that aren't on the poll list, such as:

Avantasia
Edguy
Nightwish
Rhapsody of Fire
Kamelot
Sonata Arctica
HammerFall
Majesty
DragonForce
Dragonland
Falconer
Back to top Go down
Rengarr

Rengarr

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:43 pm

I'd have to pick Blind Guardian on the list, one of the first metal bands i ever listend to. Hansi's uniqe vocals help make the band good.

Though your list is rather small as there are a lot of other great bands

Ayreon
Amon Amarth
Tyr (band from faroe islands as it's a commonly used name)
Nevermore
Skyclad
Pain of Salvation
Symphony X
Ensiferum
Turisas
Strapping Young Lad
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Back to top Go down
Mortiis

Mortiis

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

And the winner is DEATH... Such a great metal band. Lyrics, music... R.I.P. Chuck! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wasting.my.tim
IceFox

IceFox

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:30 pm

I *dislike* (not wanting to use a stronger word) the metal genre, but I really like to spam, so that's my opinion Very Happy
oh, I don't criticize people who really love metal above all other music, I just don't understand them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.3zmaj.hr
Mortiis

Mortiis

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 12:53 am

I just don't understand people who don't understand metal Smile
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:33 am

only recently founda likeing for some metal. and irom maiden and slayer are the only ones i know on the list. have not heard much slayer so choce inrom maiden.
Back to top Go down
Serraphine

Serraphine

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:34 pm

I'm not into metal as well, but my vote went to Kreator, because my sister loves them, and i love her! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.talesofmagic.co.uk/index.php?c=11&view=168007905
Zousha Omenohu

Zousha Omenohu

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Heh, I remember reading about a joke Edguy played on Kreator once.
Back to top Go down
LadyAribeth
Admin
LadyAribeth

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:36 am

No jokes about Kreator allowed Razz My vote is for them. Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
https://coven.forumotion.com
Zousha Omenohu

Zousha Omenohu

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:58 am

It isn't a joke about Kreator. It's a joke another band played on them at a concert.
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:13 am

would you consider nickleback to be metal? what do you think or agtroia?
Back to top Go down
Mortiis

Mortiis

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:28 am

Nickleback is not a metal band. It's a boy band Very Happy Agtroia - never heard. Sorry

"If you're not into metal, you're not my friend.
Heavy metal, or no metal at all.
Wimps and posers leave the hall!!" (c) Manowar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rengarr

Rengarr

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 am

meh i'd put nickelback under nu-metal if they're even close to metal, and Agtoria i've never heard about.. not listed on www.Metal-Archives.com which i usually refer to for finding out about metal bands Razz
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 am

I have to admit i think i like my ear drums a little to much to be liking any metal classed from heavey to death metal, i only know of metal from friends, and theirn radio show on TDS.
Back to top Go down
Steelbow

Steelbow

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:46 am

I said maiden ,Priest would have been ok too,However I also must say I am past the age where Metal is appealing.Yes I am getting old. However I would like to say there is an obvious band from my Era missing and for my money the God fathers of Metal that would be Black Sabbath ,I also liked Metallica before that whole napster sell out crap.

Cheers
Steel
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:32 am

metallica napster sell out? what happened?
Back to top Go down
Steelbow

Steelbow

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 am

WELL Metallica was a great band Master of Puppets , Justice for all , and then the Black Album...Finally brought them commerical success. At that point They started whinning about Fans downloading Music without paying for it. Ok fair enough , but for the band who for years made their money by Raging against the system to suddenly cozy up to the system and sue Napster and start yapping about their fans it was a sell out for money and not about the music anymore...then came Garage....lol..enuff said.
Back to top Go down
Mortiis

Mortiis

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:17 am

Steelbow wrote:
I said maiden ,Priest would have been ok too,However I also must say I am past the age where Metal is appealing.Yes I am getting old. However I would like to say there is an obvious band from my Era missing and for my money the God fathers of Metal that would be Black Sabbath ,I also liked Metallica before that whole napster sell out crap.

Cheers
Steel

Well those are heavy, thrash and death metal bands. Black Sabbath are, actually were great band. Theirs firstt 5 albums were really great, and later until Sabotage (the last with Ozzy) were OK. Later, when Ozzy left the band, and changes come to band it was no-no for me... Everything has changed and that wasn't Black Sabbath any more.
Something similar happened with Metallica too. That was good metal band, and I like Metallica's albums (Load and Reload were good to me), but that last one is CRAP...
Back to top Go down
Amethyst

Amethyst

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:36 am

friend has confirmed angtoria are classed a syphonic metal band
Back to top Go down
Rengarr

Rengarr

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 5:20 am

found them listed as orchestral metal on http://www.metal-archives.com/ , might check them out.. i'll give you a report on how i like them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steelbow

Steelbow

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Hey Mortiis

I see we are both on the same page about those 2 bands . I have seen them live several times in fact some friends went to see Maiden last night. I agree on the whole Sabbath thing . While Dio can sing he was better with Rainbow ,and Ian Gillian was/is always Deep Purple to me. As for Metallica well that whole evolution was kinda sad. Hetfield like Sampson cut his hair and boom they sucked ..Go figure

Cheers
Steelbow
Back to top Go down
Mortiis

Mortiis

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:46 am

Ozzy is Ozzy... No one can replace him... Dio has a great vocal ability, as well as Gillan, but let them all stay in their own bands... It's a sad thing that Gillan doesn't have his vocal abilities as he used to have. Bad Sad That was a great vocal. Really was...
And that also true what you've said about Hetfield. When he cut his hair, Metallica went down like Samson. And then Jason left... That's why I'm listening some old school death metal as well as thrash metal band. They are still cool after all these years.
I saw Iron Maiden for three times, and I want to see them again this summer on their new tour. Old good songs they'll play... Oooohhh, that good old heavy metal, Maiden at its best Smile queen
Back to top Go down
Vermilion

Vermilion

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Somehow i didnt noticed this
but my vote goes to... none of the above Razz
Im not into many of the bands listed and havent heard some of them but if i had to choose i think id go for slayer.

And for me the best band of metal.... lamb of god wins. thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best Metal Band Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Band   Best Metal Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Metal Band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Valhalla :: Discussions, spam and shit :)-
Jump to: